Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Chilli Pasta


I felt like making fusion (european + asian) food today- so I am presenting my version of chilli pasta.

Ingredients: 1 red onion (sliced into rings)
1 red chilli (sliced)
button mushrooms (sliced)
1 tomato (diced)
2 tbs linghams chilli sauce
1 tsp tomato paste
2 tbs grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
1 tbs cream
cooked pasta (can be macaroni or spiral pasta)
salt and pepper to taste

1. Heat oil and fry onions until soft and aromatic. Add fresh chilli slices and stir.
2. Add tomatoes and cooked pasta with some water. Cook while stirring constantly and tomatoes turn soft.
3. When water dries up, add tomato paste and linghams chilli sauce. Also add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Cook for another five minutes and then remove from heat. Stir in cream.
5. Sprinkle parmesan cheese and dried chilli flakes on top.

Verdict: I really liked the taste of the pasta, it was spicy and had a good strong flavour. Thomas felt it was a bit hot, so I could have made it without the fresh chilli. I realized while eating that chopped garlic would have been a much better base than onions for this dish. Also, I forgot to put some herbs like oregano, basil or parsley which would have definitely enhanced the flavour of the dish. Overall, it was fun to make the pasta and it had a good after-taste. I was satisfied all evening.

No comments: