Friday, November 10, 2006

Rock Buns


It is Thomas' birthday party tomorrow and I am busy preparing some sweet treats today.

Ingredients: 100 g self raising flour
50 g butter
50 g sugar
50 g raisins
1 beaten egg
vanilla essence

1. Sieve flour into a bowl. Rub butter in with fingers until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Add sugar and raisins with a fork so that dough resembles a rocky mixture. Dont mix too hard or else butter will melt.
3. Add egg and vanilla essence with the fork.
4. Grease a pan and place spoonfuls of mixture on it. Bake at 200 degrees for 30 mins.

Verdict: The rock buns came out crisp on the outside and cake-like inside. I have been making this buns dozens of times so I rarely ever have problems making these rock buns. It was the first recipe I learnt in Home Economics class when I was thirteen. And it has stayed with me ever since.

No comments: