Crust: 400 g digestive biscuits
3 tbs butter (melted)
2 tbs brown sugar
1. Put the biscuits in a plastic bag and pound with rolling pin until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Add sugar and melted butter and mix well. Best to use hands to press the mixture together.
3. Place the crust on pie tins and bake for 10 mins at 150 degrees.
Filling: 600g cream cheese
2 tbs icing sugar
1. Cream cheese, sugar, eggs and lemon zest together.
2. Remove crust from oven and pour in filling.
3. Bake at 180 degrees for 20 mins. The egg would have coagulated by then.
Fruit top: strawberries
1. Cut up strawberries and arrange on cake.
2. Boil strawberry jam. Put through a strainer. And then pour it over the cake.
3. Keep cake in fridge so that it sets nicely.
Verdict: The cake looks beautiful but I havent tasted it yet. I am keeping it pristine for the Easter party. All I can do now is just keep peering into the refrigerator.