Monday, June 02, 2008

Fried Rice

I know I have showcased a fried rice recipe on this blog before- but I wanted to do another one to show how versatile this dish can be in finishing up leftover food. I had all sorts of bits and pieces in my fridge that I had to clear out before it went bad. So I made a delicious fried rice.
Ingredients:
2 cups cooked rice
1/2 capsicum
2 tbs corn
1/2 can tuna
french parsley
1/2 tsp light soya sauce
salt and pepper
1 egg

1. Heat oil and fry capsicum. Always fry the hard veggies first, like onions, garlic, brocolli, etc
2. Add rice. Stir to break up pieces. Add corn and tuna. Make sure the wok is on high heat. Work quickly in cooking up the rice. Add soya sauce and seasonings.
3. Push rice to the side of the wok and fry egg. Mash up with the end of a spatula. Mix with the rest of the rice.
4. Add french parsley and cook for 2 more minutes. Serve.

No comments: