Saturday, September 06, 2008

Pad Thai

I think I have very nearly perfected my pad thai recipe. I posted a pad thai recipe on this blog around a year ago. I have made so many different versions of pad thai since then- and I am sharing my best version, by far.

Ingredients:
Thai flat rice noodles (1/2 pkt)
200 g beansprouts
1 clove garlic
1 square of fried tofu (you can get this at the Asian shop)
3 tbs fish sauce
1 tbs dark soya sauce
1 tbs white vinegar
1 tbs sugar
1 tsp salt
50 g ground peanut
1 tbs chilli flakes
1/2 lime

1. Heat oil and fry garlic until brown.
2. Add 2 cups of water and then add the dried rice noodle.
3. Cook until softened. Add beansprouts, tofu and seasonings.
4. Add chopped coriander. Keep stir frying on high heat.
5. Serve with ground peanuts, dried chilli flakes and a lime garnish.

1 comment:

mina said...

ohohoh, i have to try this sometime!! (: