3 red chillis
1 stalk lemongrass
1 clove garlic
1 thumbsized piece of ginger
1/2 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp coriander powder
2 tbs garam masala powder (Indian)
1 tsp salt
1. Heat oil in pan and roast sliced onion, garlic and ginger until soft and fragrant. Set aside to cool.
2. Mince all the ingredients including the roasted vegetables with 1 tbs water.
You can keep this paste for one week in the normal refrigerator or freeze it.
To make a curry:
1. Heat 2 tbs of curry paste in pot and fry until fragrant.
2. Add 1/2 cup of water.
3. Add meat, potatoes and any other vegetables you desire.
4. After meat is cooked and vegetables are softened, add 1 can of coconut milk.
5. Serve hot.