Today I made a traditional Singaporean/Malaysian/Indonesian breakfast known as beehoon goreng. It is similar to Mee Goreng- just that bee hoon is used instead of thick yellow noodles. I made a very simple vegetarian version for my breakfast.
Dried thin rice noodles (bee hoon)
1 clove garlic
1/2 cucumber sliced
3 tbs tomato ketchup
1 tbs light soya sauce
1 tsp seasoning
salt and pepper
1. Blend chillis with onion and garlic to make your 'rempah' (paste).
2. Heat oil and fry the paste until fragrant.
3. Add 2 cups of water and dried noodles and cook until noodles are soft and water dries up. Add the sliced tomato and fry.
4. Add ketchup, soya sauce, seasoning, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
5. Push noodles to the side of the work and break an egg into the space. Scramble it slightly before mixing up with the rest of the noodles. Serve with sliced cucumbers topped with a 1 tbs of tomato sauce.
Additional ingredients that you can add to this dish:
3. kangkong (asian leafy vegetable)