Sunday, November 16, 2008

Cheese and Leek Soup

This soup is one of the ultimate comfort foods. The first time I tried this dish was during a dinner party at a friend's house- her name is Herdis. She told me that she got the recipe from the Karoline's Kokken series. I was given the English version of Karoline's Kokken by my mother-in-law and I looked up this recipe on it.

Ingredients:
1 leek
1 onion
3 cups water
1/2 stk of butter
1/2 pkt of cream cheese
salt and pepper

1. Heat butter in pot and fry leek and onion until soft.
2. Add the water and boil until vegetables have softened.
3. Blend the soup until smooth and return to pot.
4. Add cream cheese, salt and pepper. Serve.

2 comments:

Mads and Kelli said...

ok I am always looking for good soup recipes! This sounds YUMMY!

Paula said...

Oh this is really the best soup I ever had. And its vegetarian!