This seafood dish can be served with white rice. The sourness of tamarind sauce blended with the rich sweetness of palm sugar is absolutely delicious!
6 tiger prawns
1 tbs coriander root (chopped finely)
1/2 onion (sliced)
2 pieces of garlic
1/4 tsp salt
1.5 tbs palm sugar
1.5 tbs fish sauce
5 tbs tamarind sauce- 1 tsp tamarind mixed with 4 tbs water (squeeze tamarind in water with your fingers for 3 mins, and then remove the seeds. You should get a thick brown paste as a result. Otherwise you can also buy tamarind paste in bottles at the Asian shop)
coriander leaves for garnish
1. Heat oil in wok and fry onion and garlic until fragrant.
2. Add coriander root and fry for 2 mins.
3. Add tamarind sauce. Add prawns. Cook under high heat.
4. Add sugar, fish sauce and salt.
5. Fry until sugar melts and sauce thickens (approximately 5 mins). Remove and serve hot with rice.