Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cream of Tomato Soup

I just love the taste of fresh tomato soup. Pair with a freshly baked baguette and you are good to go!

Ingredients:
8 tomatoes quartered
2 carrots sliced
1 white onion sliced
4 pips garlic sliced
2 tbs olive oil
1 tsp sugar
1 tbs philadelphia cream cheese or just regular cream
salt and pepper

1. Heat oil in pot and gently fry onion, garlic and carrots until soft and translucent. Add one cup of water.
2. Add tomatoes and simmer until the tomatoes have softened.
3. Blend in food processor- I like to just blitz mine lightly so I still get some chunkiness of tomato and carrot in the soup.
4. Add the soup back to the pot and season. Mix in the cream cheese. (this is my own version, I find the cream cheese adds a lot of flavour to the soup. You can also add regular cream).
5. Serve with crusty bread.

No comments: