Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Seafood red curry

I am showcasing a simple Thai curry recipe here that you can make in just under 15 minutes. This is comfort food at its best during the cold season. I have included some European vegetables in this dish to show how versatile it can be.

Ingredients
2 heaped tbs of red curry paste (you can use homemade curry paste that you will find in my archive or the packeted version sold in the Asian shop)
5 stalks asparagus chopped in pieces
1 carrot- chopped
1 sprig coriander chopped
1/2 pkt of prawns
3 tbs wild mushrooms
1/2 can coconut milk
1/2 tbs fish sauce
1 tbs sugar

1. Heat oil and gently fry the curry paste. Add 1 cup of water.
2. Add vegetables and prawns.
3. Simmer for 10 mins and season with sugar, fish sauce and pinch of salt. Add coconut milk.
4. Serve hot with rice.

2 comments:

Alex said...

I'm not a big cook, but bought some red curry at the Thai Market behind the Central station.. I'll try your recipe.
Alexandra

Talented Foreigner said...

Alex- the funny thing is that I find the red curry paste sold here in Denmark not very tasty. I would use home-made. But the green curry paste sold here is extremely good! You can make this recipe the same way using green curry paste.