Friday, July 30, 2010
This souffle is very palate cleansing and perfect as a dessert after a two course meal.
1 tbs powdered gelatin
1/4 cup cold water
3 eggs seperated
2 lemons- grated rinds and juice
1 cup of cream beaten until stiff
1. Pour gelatin into water
2. Beat egg yolks together. Pour in lemon juice and rind
3. Beat egg whites until stiff
4. Heat the gelatin and water gently until gelatin dissolves. Fold into the lemon mixture.
5. Fold in egg whites and whipped cream
6. Pour into souffle dishes and refrigerate for at least two hours.
Thursday, July 29, 2010
What I do once in a while, is make Thai curry pastes which I store in my freezer. The ingredients for the pastes can only be purchased at the Asian shop, which is over an hour by train from my home. Here I have a yellow curry paste and red curry paste, all ready to be kept away until the mood for Thai food strikes me. I have posted the recipes for both in my 2009 folder.
Monday, July 26, 2010
Skyr is an Icelandic dish- this one Im showcasing is a dessert. Its basically a thick yogurt which you can sweeten with sugar and some wonderful summer berries.
Skyr (can be found in Brugsen, Irma and Kvickly)
2 tbs sugar
strawberries and blueberries
1/2 cup cream
1. Mix the skyr with sugar and cream until well combined.
2. Serve with berries.
Saturday, July 24, 2010
1/2 butternut squash chopped in quarters
1/2 red onion
1/2 red chilli
2 sprigs coriander
1 thumbsized piece of ginger
1/2 chicken stock cube, salt, pepper, nutmeg
1. Heat a tbs of oil in the pan and cook onions until softened. Then add water to simmer other vegetables.
2. When vegetables are cooked (about half hour), mash with big fork in the pot, add seasonings. Add coriander for garnishing.
3. Finish off with a dollop of sour cream on the top.