One of those ultimate comfort puddings.
3 egg yolks
250 ml cream
250 ml milk
150 g sugar
1 vanilla pod
1. Heat milk and cream with the vanilla pod. Bring it to boiling point and then let the pod infuse for ten mins.
2. Beat eggs and sugar until pale and creamy.
3. Bring the cream and milk to boiling point again. Remove from heat and pour in the egg mixture, mixing as you do so. You now have a custard.
4. Sieve the custard into ramekins that are submerged in water (up to halfway) in a baking tin.
5. Bake for forty mins at middle shelf.
6. When done (wobbly in the middle), add sugar on top and grill for 5 mins.
7. Cool and serve.