Thai yellow curry is an inspiration from Indian cooking and is rich with spices like coriander, cumin and Indian curry powder.
2 tbs yellow curry paste (see recipe in 2009 archive)
2 potatoes quartered
200 g chicken cubed
2 fresh red chillies
2 sprigs coriander chopped
50 g spinach chopped
1 tbs fish sauce
2 tbs palm sugar
pinch of salt
1 packet coconut milk
100 g coconut cream
1. Heat oil and fry curry paste until fragrant.
2. Add 2 cups water and cook potatoes for 10 mins.
3. Add chicken and cook until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked.
4. Wait until water nearly evaporates before adding the rest of the vegetables.
5. Add coconut milk, cream, fish sauce and sugar. Stir well.
6. Simmer for five mins before removing from heat.
7. Serve with rice.