Sunday, January 02, 2011

Malaysian Butter Prawns

For this butter prawns recipe, I used virgin lobsters which worked just as well. The best result would be with tiger prawns. Also, fresh curry leaves would make a big difference in the intensity of the flavour of the dish. I had to use dried curry leaves instead as I didnt have any fresh ones- in this case, just use more to create the same kind of flavour.

Ingredients:
250 g prawns (or virgin lobsters in this case)
100 g dried curry leaves (or 3 sprigs fresh curry leaves)
100 g butter
1 cup evaporated milk
6 birds eye chillis (deseeded)
3 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp light soya sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp shao xing wine
1/2 tsp salt

1. Heat butter and fry garlic and chillies.
2. Add prawns and curry leaves and fry at high heat (in a wok)
3. Add seasonings and evaporated milk. Simmer for 5 mins. Serve.
(Note that prawns should not be overcooked, otherwise they will shrivel).

2 comments:

yellobird said...

omg, that looks soo yummie :-)

Paula said...

You must come and visit me. I will be happy to make this dish for you.Hey, give me a chance to repay the favor after hosting me Saturday after Saturday with tasty rendang.