Sunday, January 02, 2011

Skildpaddeis (Chocolate Turtles Ice Cream)

I tried my hand at making this absolutely delicious ice-cream that I wanted to share on this site. It is made with 'skildpadde' (chocolate turtles), a famous Danish chocolate which has a caramel filling inside. For this recipe, any ordinary chocolate will do as well. It has such a creamy and rich flavour, and I doubt I will go back to store bought ice-cream again.

Ingredients:
2 pasteurised egg yolks
4 tbs powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
5 dl cream
1 pasteurised egg white
12 Toms chocolate turtles (skildpadde)

1. Whisk eggs, powdered sugar and vanilla sugar.
2. Add cream (whip it until thick) and chopped chocolate turtles
3. Whisk egg white until stiff and fold in.
4. Put in a springform or baking tray and freeze for 3-5 hours.

1 comment:

rose water said...

Jeg ELSKER skildpaddeis :-D Tak for opskriften!