Monday, May 30, 2011

Sushi with Chilli Soya Dressing

I make sushi periodically because it is easy to pack for lunch. Here is my recipe for sushi and a special dressing I invented which I call 'Chilli Soya Dressing'.

Ingredients:
Seaweed for rolling
2 cups sushi rice boiled with 2.5 cups water
3 tbs sugar
1 tsp salt
Fillings for sushi- you can use tuna, salmon, cucumbers, avocodoes- in this case, I used tiger prawns and cucumber
1/3 cup sushi vinegar

1. Prepare sushi rice- boil rice. In the meantime, boil vinegar, sugar and salt together. Leave to cool.
2. When rice is prepared, mix in the vinegar mixture.
3. Use immediately by spreading on seaweed rolls, filling with condiments and rolling.

Chilli Soya Dressing
1 tsp linghams chilli sauce
1 tbs mayonnaise
1/2 tsp soya sauce

1. Mix up mayo and chilli sauce.
2. Drizzle the soya sauce on top of it. Absolutely delicious!

Another dressing I do is to mix up 1/2 tsp wasabi with mayo and then drizzle with soya sauce.

1 comment:

scientist said...

Yummy :)