Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Spaghetti Carbonara

I finally did it. I made a perfect Spaghetti Carbonara after more than twelve failed attempts. It was the just the right blend of parmesan cheese, garlic, bacon and parsley. My trip to Italy taught me how important the consistency of the pasta had to be- to make it perfectly right it has to be 'al dente'. Yesterday I was in food heaven eating this considering its one of my most favourite dishes.

Ingredients:
1/2 pack spaghetti
3 slivers bacon
1 head garlic
3 tbs olive oil
1/2 block parmesan cheese shaved
3 sprigs parsley chopped
2 pasteurised egg yolks
5 tbs cream

1. Heat water to boiling point, add pasta and let it simmer until al-dente (chewy, not too soft).
2. Heat oil in saute pan and fry garlic, add chopped bacon.
3. Remove pasta from simmering water when cooked, sieve from all excess water and toss into saute pan. Take away from the stove. Toss in parmesan, eggs, cream and parsley and allow these to cook with warmth of pasta and cooked garlic and bacon. Season with a bit of salt and cracked black pepper and serve immediately.

No comments: