Yes, I have been cooking up a lot of my mum's recipes lately- I have become homesick for her food. Nasi Lemak means coconut rice and usually mum serves them with a prawn sambal and ikan bilis. (or fried fish). She also has a side of stirfried kangkong usually on the side.
2 cups of rice
2.5 cups coconut milk
0.5 cups water
1 tsp salt
1. Cook rice with coconut milk, water and salt. Adding a pandan leaf would bring more fragrance to the rice.
2 red onions
3 cloves garlic
4 red chillies
1 tbs sugar
1/2 kg prawns
squeeze of lime or tsp of tamarind
pinch of salt
1. Grind onions, garlic and chillies.
2. Fry the mixture well until oil comes to the top.
3. Add prawns and seasonings.
4. Cook until sauce has thickened. Serve with the hot rice and fried ikan bilis on the side.