Cold chocolate mousse in a frosted wine glass. Is there anything better? This one is made with whipped cream to give it an airier, lighter texture. I have added a spoon of coffee powder as well to enhance the flavour of the chocolate.
120 g good quality dark chocolate
25 g butter
1 tbs coffee powder
2 pasteurised egg yolks
2 pasteurised egg whites
4 tbs white sugar
120 ml whipping cream
1. Set a pot of water to boil and place a metal bowl on top of it to melt chocolate, butter and coffee.
2. Leave to cool and add in egg yolks when the mixture is warm but not hot enough to cook the yolks- it should produce a silky texture when mixed.
3. Whip cream in one bowl and whip egg whites with sugar in another bowl- both should be stiff.
4. Fold in the cream and egg whites when the mixture has completely cooled down.
5. Spoon into glasses and refrigerate for at least half a day before serving.