Monday, April 23, 2012
Danish Apple Cake
8-10 apples peeled and cored
150 g sugar
1 cinnamon stick
1/2 tsp vanilla sugar
Macaroons (you can buy this from the supermarket)
1 packet of cream whipped
1. Make the apple sauce by boiling apples in 1/4 pot of water, sugar, cinnamon stick and vanilla sugar.
2. When apple sauce is thick, remove from heat to cool and line on the bottom of a dish
3. Cover with bashed up pieces of macaroons (put macaroons in a bag and beat with rolling pin)
4. Whip cream and line the top.
5. Let it cool in the fridge for an hour before serving. Lovely on a spring afternoon.