Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Fried Instant Noodles

Fried instant noodles was a favourite snack when I stayed at a hostel during University. Its cheap, easy and tastes very delicious when made with an addition of fresh ingredients. I made a much healthier version for myself today by simply using the egg noodles in the packet without the MSG (have to be careful with my diet these days because of the pregnancy)- but usually I would make fried instant noodles with 1 packet of the MSG mix for 2 packets of noodles.

Ingredients:
2 packets egg noodles. (boil egg noodles until softened)
4 cloves garlic minced
1 green chilli minced
A handful of beansprouts
2 sprigs of coriander chopped
1 tbs tomato sauce
1 tbs dark soya sauce
1/2 tsp light soya sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
salt and pepper
(original recipe calls for 1 packet of the seasoning mix, which I substituted with 1/2 an organic chicken stock cube I had in my cupboard)

1. Heat oil and fry garlic until fragrant.
2. Add green chilli and beansprouts and cook until beansprouts are softened.
3. Add noodles and stir with sauces and seasonings. Garnish with coriander.
4. Serve hot.

And there you have it- the perfect mid-day snack.

No comments: