I was craving food from back home and attempted to make suri saag yesterday. Saag can be made in various ways- as a plain vegetarian dish or with meat such as pork or mutton. This is suri saag- which translates to pork saag. Chapati is the perfect pair-up to this dish.
200g pork cubed- marinated with pinches of tumeric powder, garam masala, chilli powder and salt.
300 g spinach leaves
1 head garlic
50 g ginger piece
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
pinch of tumeric and chilli powder
1. Blend onion, ginger and garlic into a paste.
2. Heat oil and fry pork cubes until golden brown. Remove to plate.
3. Use remaining oil to fry up the paste until fragrant.
4. Add spinach and tomato and cook until spinach has wilted.
5. Add the pork to the dish and season with spices.
6. Serve with chapati (recipe can be found in my archives).