Wednesday, May 09, 2012
800 g chopped tomato (in 2 cans)
12 anchovy fillets (the ones that come packed in oil)
3 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1 tbs capers
8 black olives sliced in half or quarters
sprinkle of pepperoncino (Italian chilli powder)- optional (I happened to have a bottle I bought from Italy)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in pot and fry garlic until softened and fragrant.
2. Add anchovy fillets and cook until the fillets break up slightly.
3. Add chopped tomato and cook until sauce-like. Add chilli flakes.
4. Add capers and black olives and season with pepperoncino, salt and pepper.
5. Serve with spaghetti. You can garnish with basil leaves or Italian parsley.