Sunday, May 06, 2012
Tempura fish burger with homemade tartare sauce
For the tempura battered fish:
2 pieces of pangasius fillet- cut in chunks that can fit a burger bun
1/2 cup white flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
3/4 cup cold water
1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Mix up the batter with a fork.
2. Coat the fish fillet with the batter and immediately fry in hot oil.
For the tartare sauce:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 red onion diced finely
6 cornichons or gherkins diced finely
1. Mix up the ingredients for the sauce
To construct the burger:
1. Toast a burger bun, add the fish fresh from the frying pan, a dollop of homemade tartare sauce and fresh salad.
2. Serve with homemade chips.