Thursday, August 30, 2012

I love fried rice because its so versatile. I usually make it once a week for my breakfast- and usually as an attempt to finish leftovers in the fridge. I had leftover brown mushrooms and rice- so I fried it up with onions and prawns. I usually make it Thai style- which means I put in 1 tbs fish sauce, 1 tbs soya sauce, 1 tbs sugar, juice of a lemon wedge and a pinch of salt. Its the perfect balance of flavours- sweet and salty at the same time. I always have a large bag of frozen prawns- so its easy to just toss in a handful to my fried rice concoctions.

2 comments:

May said...

I'm with you on the frozen prawns and rice!

I used our frozen prawns for Chinese pancakes this evening.

And for some reason I just remembered that you had a food blog, I cannot believe how prolific you've been with posting, there are so many recipes I need to try out. :)

May

Paula said...

Yep- I have been cooking a lot lately while being on barsel :) It keeps baby Jane entertained and I finally have the time to fully indulge in the hobby. Hope you find some inspiration from some of the recipes!