Monday, August 13, 2012
Mediterranean Fish Soup
4 anchovy fillets
3 pieces of white fish
1 white onion sliced
4 cloves garlic sliced
3 tomatoes quartered
3 stalks celery chopped
3 carrots chopped
3 tbs lemon juice (and 1/2 tsp of grated lemon rind)
1/2 cup white wine
4 tbs Italian pomodoro sauce (that comes in glass jar)
4 sprigs parsley
glugs of olive oil
salt and pepper
1. Heat olive oil and gently cook onions and garlic until lightly softened.
2. Add celery and carrots and cook until softened.
3. Add tomatoes and cook until the juice begin running out. Then add the anchovy fillets, lemon rind and juice. Cook until vegetables are fully softened and add 1 cup water and the pomodoro sauce.
3. When water is simmering, add fish and cook until done. Add wine, season and garnish with parsley.
4. Finish off the soup with a final splash of olive oil.
5. Serve with crusty bread.