Sunday, August 05, 2012
Pappardelle with Butchers Sauce
200 g pappardelle pasta (or spaghetti will do)
1 onion finely minced
2 cloves garlic finely minced
2 carrots chopped finely
2 celery stalks chopped finely
1 tbs tomato paste
100g minced beef
100g mince lamb
1/2 cup red wine
6 fresh basil leaves
50g pecorino cheese grated
1. Heat oil and fry onion, garlic, carrots and celery
2. Meanwhile, pour hot water on the tomatoes, then plunged them in cold water and remove the skin.
3. Add the meat after veggies are cooked and fry.
4. Add tomatoes and mash up until it becomes a tomato sauce
5. Add the wine and season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve the sauce with pasta cooked al dente. Garnish with grated pecorino cheese.