Thursday, September 20, 2012
Mummy's Green Masala Chicken
250 g chicken breast cubed- or you can use chicken parts
3 sprigs of spring onion
2 large handfuls of coriander leaves chopped
4 cloves garlic
1 thumbsized piece of ginger
1/2 tsp tumeric powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tbs curry powder
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp fenugreek seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 potato chopped
1 tomato wedged
salt and pepper.
1. Blend spring onions, coriander, onion, garlic and ginger in blender.
2. Heat oil and fry mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and cumin.
3. When the seeds begin to sizzle, add the spring onion blend. Add the chilli powder, tumeric powder and curry powder as well.
4. Cook until oil rises to the surface. Add potatoes.
5. Simmer for 20 mins and then add the chicken.
6. Simmer another 10 mins and then add the tomatoes.
7. The dish is complete when the potatoes are fully cooked- add water if the mixture gets too dry during simmering.
8. You can add cream/ a bit of coconut milk to thicken the gravy if desired.
9. Serve with rice.
Posted by Paula at 11:37 AM