Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Thai-Inspired Dumpling Noodle Soup
1 roll of fresh egg noodles
2 pieces of chicken
1 thumb sized piece of ginger
3 cloves garlic
handful of spinach
1 tbs coriander chopped
7-9 tiger prawns
1 tbs fish sauce
1 tbs soy sauce
juice from half a lime
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 chicken stock cube
1. Heat half a pot of water with the chicken, ginger and garlic.
2. When broth is simmering, add prawns.
3. Take out the cooked chicken, prawns, ginger and garlic and mince up. Chop coriander leaves and add to the mince. Use this as a filling for the dumpling wrappers. Put the chicken bones back in the broth.
4. Make the dumplings and then put that in the broth to cook.
5. Add spinach and coriander. Add the lime juice and other seasonings.
6. Soak the egg noodles in hot water and rinse. Pour broth and cooked dumplings over the broth.
7. You can finish off with a touch of chilli oil on top if you like it with a bit of a kick.
Posted by Paula at 2:21 PM