Sunday, November 18, 2012

Creamy Chicken Fettucine with Chanterelle Mushrooms

This was more for my husband than  me- he loves cream based pastas filled with meat and cheese for the winter season. I tend to go for my Asian brothy noodle dishes. I made my usual creamy chicken fettucine for him but decided to add some chanterelle mushrooms that I bought dried at the supermarket. It gave the pasta a woody, buttery flavour and I wouldnt hesitate to use them again- it really enhanced the flavour of this dish.

Ingredients:
250 g fresh or dried fettucine
250 ml cream
100 g grated pecorino
200 g chicken cubed
1/2 cup white wine
100 g dried chanterelle mushrooms (soaked in hot water and drained)
5 cloves garlic
salt and pepper to taste

1. Heat oil and fry garlic until fragrant. At the same time, boil pasta in seperate pot.
2. Add the chicken and fry until chicken is fully cokked. Add the mushrooms and fry until mushrooms are fully softened.
3. Add cream to gather up the flavours of the cooked chicken and mushrooms. Add white wine and salt and pepper. When satisfied with the taste, add the cooked pasta.
4. Mix up thoroughly before adding the cheese at the end. Remove from heat and serve.

No comments: