Friday, November 09, 2012
Gordon Ramsay's Leek and Cheese Rosti with Egg
500 g waxy potatoes parboiled but not soft
1 leek sliced thinly
60g pecorino cheese shredded
salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil the potatoes until tender but not soft.
2. In the meantime, fry the leeks in a separate frying pan until softened.
3. Leave the potatoes to cool completely before grating them into a bowl.
4. Add the cooked leeks and pecorino cheese (the leeks should have cooled considerably too)
5. Mix gently with a spoon with salt and pepper.
6. Heat oil in frying pan and fry the rosti. I followed Ramsay's suggestion to cook the entire rosti in one frying pan so I had a giant pancake which I had to flip over to a plate and slide back into the frying pan for the second round of frying.
7. You can serve the rosti with a fried egg as I have done here, for a lunchtime meal :-)
Posted by Paula at 7:41 AM