Thursday, November 01, 2012
Homemade Chicken Pie
For the pastry:
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbs cold water
1. Fold in butter with flour using the fingers until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.
2. Add salt and then the water and mix to a dough.
3. Roll out on board and keep aside
For the chicken filling:
200 g chicken diced
1 leek sliced
1 onion sliced
1 can button mushrooms (or you can use fresh)
50 ml cream
salt and pepper
1. Heat oil and fry onions until softened.
2. Add leeks and fry until softened.
3. Add cubed chicken and continue frying. Add cream to cook up the chicken properly.
4. Add mushrooms when chicken is cooked and season.
1. Add the chicken at the bottom of a pie dish
2. Line the cover of the pie dish with the pastry.
3. Bake at 200 degrees for 30 mins, middle shelf.
Posted by Paula at 3:27 PM