Wednesday, November 07, 2012
150g sweet potato noodles
5 shiitake mushrooms (soaked in hot water and chopped)
1 carrot (sliced in thin sticks)
1 onion sliced
2 cloves garlic chopped
1 sprig of spring onion chopped
2.5 tbs sugar
2.5 tbs sesame oil
4 tbs soya sauce (I used 3 tbs light soya sauce and 1 tbs dark soya sauce)
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp light sesame seeds
1 tsp black sesame seeds
1. Boil the sweet potato noodles until softened, drain and run through cold water before setting aside. Use a scissors to cut them in shorter lengths.
2. Heat oil in wok and fry onion until softened. Then add garlic.
3. Throw in carrots after 5 minutes, followed by shiitake mushrooms.
4. Continue frying under high heat and add noodles followed by condiments.
5. When the noodles are cooked through, serve with a garnish of light and black sesame seeds.
6. Can be served hot or cold.
Posted by Paula at 10:01 AM