Thursday, November 08, 2012

Wok Fried Noodles

So I said I wanted to re-invent the Japchae, and almost called this Paula's Re-invented Japchae but who was I kidding?- this bore no resemblance to Japchae. I woke up this morning wanting to make a delicious stir fry noodle packet for friends living here who are feeling a little homesick. I decided to incorporate Chinese and Thai elements to this noodle dish- the two cultures that I have been most influenced by in my cooking.

Ingredients:
5 cloves of garlic minced
8 shiitake mushrooms boiled and chopped
1 green chilli shredded
1 leek chopped
1/2 carrot sliced into sticks
1/2 packet of flat glass noodles
100 g small prawns
2 tbs soya sauce
1 tbs fish sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
juice of half a lime
salt and pepper to taste

1. Heat oil in wok and fry garlic until fragrant.
2. Add the chilli and shiitake mushrooms and continue frying.
3. Add the leeks and carrots.
4. Add prawns.
5. In the meantime, soak the glass noodles in warm water until softened and drain. Add to the wok and continue stir frying under high heat.
6. Add the condiments and stir fry for ten mins.
7. Add the lime juice at the end. Serve. (or pack, in my case :))

No comments: