Monday, December 31, 2012
English Christmas Cake
300g white flour
100g grated orange skin
100g grated lemon zest
2 tsp baking powder
100g red cocktail berries
200g chopped almonds
2 tbs icing sugar
1. Cream butter and sugar
2. Add in egg a little at a time until well combined
3. Mix flour with the grated lemon zest, orange skin, raisins, sukat, red berries and almonds
4. Fold the flour into the butter mixture.
5. Pour the combined mixture into a cake tin and bake at 150 degrees for 75 mins.
6. Serve with a sprinkling of icing sugar poured through a sieve.