Sunday, January 27, 2013
1 head of brocolli
3 cloves garlic
1 potato cubed
1 cup milk
2 tbs cream
1/2 cube of chicken stock (or 1 cup homemade stock)
1/4 juice of lemon
salt and pepper
sprinkle of celery salt
1 tbs sour cream
1. Heat olive oil in a pot and fry garlic until fragrant.
2. Add the leeks and gently fry until leeks are softened.
3. Add the brocolli and keep on cooking until soft.
4. Add the potato and 2 cups water and leave to simmer.
5. When potatoes are cooked, puree the mixture in a blender.
6. Return to pot and add milk to thicken. Season with the lemon juice, celery salt, salt, pepper and stock.
7. Add the cream at the end to thicken.
8. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and some pepper sprinkled on top.
Friday, January 04, 2013
Ingredients for the dough:
1 and 1/3 cups of warm water
1/4 cup of milk powder
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups flour
1 tbs sugar
1 packet dry yeast
2 tbs vegetable oil for the dough
9 ounces of vegetable oil for the pans (3 ounces per pan)
1. Add yeast, sugar, salt and milk powder to a bowl.
2. Add the warm water and stir to mix well
3. Let it sit for two mins.
4. Add oil and stir again.
5. Add flour and stir until flour is absorbed.
6. Knead the dough
7. Roll out into three balls.
8. Roll out the balls into circular discs.
9. Place in cake pans.
10. Cover with a plate and keep in a warm area for 1.5 hours
When the dough is ready, assemble your pizza and bake at 250 degrees for 25 mins at the lower half section of the oven. Bon Appetit!
Posted by Paula at 12:23 PM