Sunday, January 27, 2013
Brocolli, Leek and Potato Soup
1 head of brocolli
3 cloves garlic
1 potato cubed
1 cup milk
2 tbs cream
1/2 cube of chicken stock (or 1 cup homemade stock)
1/4 juice of lemon
salt and pepper
sprinkle of celery salt
1 tbs sour cream
1. Heat olive oil in a pot and fry garlic until fragrant.
2. Add the leeks and gently fry until leeks are softened.
3. Add the brocolli and keep on cooking until soft.
4. Add the potato and 2 cups water and leave to simmer.
5. When potatoes are cooked, puree the mixture in a blender.
6. Return to pot and add milk to thicken. Season with the lemon juice, celery salt, salt, pepper and stock.
7. Add the cream at the end to thicken.
8. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and some pepper sprinkled on top.